Public Relations and Social Media Summer Intern
E-mail [email protected] with your resume and any relevant work samples
Unpaid (optional for credit) – lunch and transportation stipend provided
Perception is an Emmy-nominated design lab pioneering the visionary process of Science Fiction Thinking to architect the future. We divide our time equally between the parallel worlds of science-fiction—working with trailblazing filmmakers, and science-fact—collaborating with the world’s most innovative technology brands.
We are seeking a Public Relations and Social Media Intern to join our team this summer in our studio in Secaucus, New Jersey. You will be working closely with our Public Relations Communications Coordinator to gain experience developing content and executing social media strategies for internal and external projects. This is an exciting opportunity for public relations and communications students entering their senior year of college, a recent graduate, or a master’s student.
- Organize content calendars and create enriching social media posts to promote Perception’s internal projects and external client-based projects
- Manage and operate social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, TikTok and YouTube
- Film and edit short form content for YouTube, Instagram and TikTok
- Keep track of trending topics and current events for Perception to get involved with
- Work collaboratively with the Public Relations Communications Coordinator on developing new online strategies for follower growth and engagement
- A resume that demonstrates an understanding of social media content creation, communication strategies and platform management
- Experience with social media management and SEO
- Interest in learning about films, technology design and motion graphics to enhance understanding of the content you would be generating
- Experience with various social platforms, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Premiere Pro
- Must be based in the NJ/NY area and be able to work in-person
This internship is an excellent opportunity for a student or recent graduate to gain experience with public relations while working in an enriching VFX studio environment. If you are passionate about social media, content creation, film and technology, we want to hear from you!
Please submit your resume and any relevant work samples for consideration to [email protected] Please include “Public Relations and Social Media Summer Intern” in the subject line.
Perception is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).