Every year, our team collaborates with incredible clients, produces innovative designs and makes strides towards establishing the future of technology. As we begin to approach the new year, we’re sharing our top ten moments from 2022. Join us on this tour of our accomplishments, milestones and favorite memories from this unforgettable year.
10. We transformed and evolved our new studio with props and memorabilia from Marvel Studios films that we’ve worked on throughout the years. Some of these additions include the autographs of the cast of the Marvel Cinematic Universe for Avengers: Endgame, the burnt cloth from Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and the test sand truck from Black Panther.
9. The Beyond Amazing Spider-Man Exhibition in San Diego, California featured several physical pieces of our team’s work from Spider-Man: Far From Home and Spider-Man: Homecoming. This exhibit features Peter Parker’s jester mask and title card from our Spider-Man: Far From Home title sequence, along with clay figured and frames from our Spider-Man: Homecoming title sequence.
8. Perception Designer/Animator, Vivian Amaro of Jersey City, was the lead designer on the Ms. Marvel end title sequence. Vivian developed the concept for the title sequence, and it was filmed entirely in her neighborhood in Jersey City.
7. We designed and developed all of the screens and gauge clusters for an upcoming Ford flagship vehicle. Our contributions are elevating the user experience of a vehicle like never before.
6. To expand the Marvel Studios multiverse, we collaborated with the legendary director Sam Raimi on Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. We conceptualized some of the first technology seen in a universe outside of the original Marvel Studios universe (universe 616) and also crafted a psychologically thrilling end title sequence.
5. Perception contributed VFX to three out of the five films nominated for Best Visual Effects at the 2022 Oscars. These films include Spider-Man: No Way Home, Shang-Chi and The Legend of The Ten Rings, and Free Guy.
4. Perception Art Director, Christian Haberkern, and Creative Director, Greg Herman, filmed the end title sequence for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever in North Carolina. Christian and Greg filmed the burning of cloth and fabric using a Panavised Sony Venice 2 camera with Panavision Auto Panatar Super Speed Anamorphic Lens.
3. Our team partnered with Pixar Animation Studios to design and animate the end title sequence for Disney & Pixar’s Lightyear. Perception was the first outside design studio that Pixar has ever used to develop a title sequence for one of their films.
2. In a year of celebration, several title sequences that were led by our Chief Creative Director, Doug Appleton, received recognition and awards from SXSW, SlashFilm and The Art of The Title. Some of these title sequences include WandaVision, Spider-Man: Far From Home and Spider-Man: Homecoming.
1. Our team reunited with visionary director Ryan Coogler on Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. In a 2 year collaboration, we conceptualized and designed the future technology of Wakanda, continuing and evolving our partnership on the first Black Panther film.
Perception is an Emmy nominated design lab pioneering the visionary process of Science Fiction Thinking to architect the future. We divide our time equally between the parallel worlds of science-fiction—working with trailblazing filmmakers, and science-fact—collaborating with the world’s most innovative technology brands.